TOP Events & Outreach Schools RIKEN International HPC Spring School 2024 - Toward Society 5.0 - (March 13-15, 2024, Kobe/Online)
RIKEN International HPC Spring School 2024 - Toward Society 5.0 - (March 13-15, 2024, Kobe/Online)Japanese
Introduction of Lecturers
RIKEN Computational Science Promotion Office
Eligible individuals are as follows.
- Students who are enrolled in a Ph.D. program, post-doctoral scientists and early career scientists affiliated with universities or research institutions.
- Scientists and engineers affiliated with private companies.
Please understand that individuals who do not meet requirements shown below may be declined to participate in the program.
- Participants who have programming experience using C or Fortran.
- Participants who are accustomed to Linux operating system with copying, deleting, searching and editing files and have basic parallel programing experience with MPI or OpenMP.
Please be aware that online participants need an internet environment as follows.
-Network bandwidth with a stable connection when using video and audio for the teleconference system, Zoom.
-Possible to connect remotely to Fugaku by using Secure Shell via ssh protocol.
|09:00 - 09:30
|Krylov subspace method with sparse matrix
|Implementation of GMRES and CG
|Hands-on exercise for serial computation
|09:00 - 12:00
|Distribution of sparse matrix based on domain decomposition
|Introduction of additive Schwarz preconditioner
|Hands-on exercise for parallel computation with METIS
|09:00 - 12:00
|Introduction of finite element method
|Domain specific language: FreeFEM
|Hands-on exercise for parallel computation with PETSc
Application for participation
- Maximum number of participants: About 40. Participants will be selected by screening based on application information. Necessary adjustment may be made to avoid having a large number of participants from one university or institution. We may also decline applicants who do not meet the requirements listed in Qualifications.
- Application deadline: Noon, January 8 , 2024 (JST)
- To apply for the spring school, click "RIKEN International HPC Spring School 2024" (online application form).
- After the application period ends, the spring school secretariat will notify each applicant whether being accepted for the program, with information on regarding documents to submit.
- In principle, participants must attend all sessions of the spring school. Participant who attends all sessions of the school will receive a certification on attendance.
- Basically, RIKEN will bear commuting expenses to full-time students who can commute to R-CCS without accommodation. The expenses will be paid based on the RIKEN’s regulations via bank transfer after the school ends.
Note: Handling of personal information
Personal information submitted will be used only for RIKEN to inform participants of the school schedule and changes or to collect materials related to the school operations. Personal information will not be used for other purposes.
*If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (the EU zone), you are required to submit the GDPR consent form (PDF 169KB) with your signature.
You will find detailed information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the website below:
European Commision Data Protection Rules
RIKEN Computational Science Plannning Officen7-1-26, Minatojima-minamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, 650-0047, JAPAN
- *Please change [at] to @ when sending email
（Nov 27, 2023）