TOP Research Operations and Computer Technologies Division Software Development Technology Unit
Unit Leader Hitoshi Murai
- h-murai[at]riken.jp (Lab location: Kobe)
- Please change [at] to @
- Unit Leader, Software Development Unit, Operations and Computer Technologies Division, R-CCS, RIKEN (-present)
- Senior Technical Scientist, HPC Usability Development Team, Operations and Computer Technologies Division, R-CCS, RIKEN
- Research Scientist, Programming Environment Research Team, AICS, RIKEN
- Research & Development Scientist, Next-Generation Supercomputer R&D Center, RIKEN
- Ph.D in Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba
- NEC Corporation
- Master in Information Science, Kyoto University
- HPC Programming Environment
- HPC application
- Parallel processing
Software Development Technology Unit works to develop outstanding infrastructure of software development that will take full
advantage of the capabilities of the supercomputer Fugaku. Such infrastructure includes:
- tools (performance profiler, debugger, etc.)
- matematical libraries
- communication libraries
In addition, we promote the use of open-source software on Fugaku to contribute to the advancement of the Arm ecosystem. We also support the evaluation and enhancement of the software developed by R-CCS.
- Kazuto Ando, Rahul Bale, ChungGang Li, Satoshi Matsuoka, Keiji Onishi, Makoto Tsubokura.
"Digital Transformation of Droplet/Aerosol Infection Risk Assessment Realized on “Fugaku” for the Fight against COVID-19"
The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis (SC21) (November 14-19, St. Louis) (2021)
- K. Takada, S. Sota, S. Yunoki, B. Pokharel, H. Nishimori, D. A. Lidar.
"Phase transitions in the frustrated Ising ladder with stoquastic and nonstoquastic catalysts"
Physical Review Research 3, 043013 (2021).
- K. Shinjo, Y. Tamaki, S. Sota, T. Tohyama.
"Density-matrix renormalization group study of optical conductivity of the Mott insulator for two-dimensional clusters"
Physical Review B 104, 205123 (2021).
- K. Morita, S. Sota, T. Tohyama.
"Magnetic phase diagrams of the spin-Heisenberg model on a kagome-strip chain: Emergence of a Haldane phase"
Physical Review B 104, 224417 (2021).
- Steven Farrell, Murali Emani, Jacob Balma, Lukas Drescher, Aleksandr Drozd, Andreas Fink, Geoffrey Fox, David Kanter, Thorsten Kurth, Peter Mattson, Dawei Mu, Amit Ruhela, Kento Sato, Koichi Shirahata, Tsuguchika Tabaru, Aristeidis Tsaris, Jan Balewski, Ben Cumming, Takumi Danjo, Jens Domke, Takaaki Fukai, Naoto Fukumoto, Tatsuya Fukushi, Balazs Gerofi, Takumi Honda, Toshiyuki Imamura, Akihiko Kasagi, Kentaro Kawakami, Shuhei Kudo, Akiyoshi Kuroda, Maxime Martinasso, Satoshi Matsuoka, Kazuo Minami, Prabhat Ram, Takashi Sawada, Mallikarjun Shankar, Tom St. John, Akihiro Tabuchi, Venkatram Vishwanath, Mohamed Wahib, Masafumi Yamazaki, Junqi Yin, Henrique Mendonca.
"MLPerf HPC: Benchmarking Machine Learning Workloads on HPC Systems"
The Workshop on Machine Learning in High Performance Computing Environments (MLHPC), St. Louis, USA, 2021 (2021.11.15).
- Akihiro Tabuchi, Koichi Shirahata, Masafumi Yamazaki, Akihiko Kasagi, Takumi Honda, Kouji Kurihara, Kentaro Kawakami, Tsuguchika Tabaru, Naoto Fukumoto, Akiyoshi Kuroda, Takaaki Fukai, Kento Sato.
"The 16,384-node Parallelism of 3D-CNN Training on An Arm CPU based Supercomputer"
28th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing, Data, and Analytics (HiPC2021), Online, Czech, 2021 (2021.12.17-18).