TOP Events & Outreach News & Announcements Supercomputer Fugaku will be used to help fight against COVID-19
Supercomputer Fugaku will be used to help fight against COVID-19
[November 25, 2020] A new project entitled "Host genetic analysis for severe COVID-19" has been added. See the announcement.
Submitting a Research Proposal
The following projects will be eligible to have priority use of the new supercomputer.
- Research seeking to reveal the characteristics of the new coronavirus
- Research aiming to identify compounds that can be used as therapeutic agents against the coronavirus
- Research that could help improve the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19
- Projects that can reveal insights into the spread of infections and its socio-economic impact
- Other projects that have the potential to contribute to countermeasures against the new coronavirus
- (change “[at]” to “@”)
Please be advised that the installation and optimization of Fugaku is currently undergoing, and users must agree to the following conditions before being permitted to use the computational resources:
- Only computational resources of Fugaku will be provided (no research funds).
- Users could only expect a “best-effort” service. The amount and period of available computational resources can vary and can be abruptly reduced or interrupted.
- As for the user environment, there is no guarantee for the best application performance. User support will also be a “best-effort” service.
- Users are expected to provide feedback to RIKEN to help improve the system.
- For any other issues, users must follow instructions of members of RIKEN.
Proposals will be expeditiously reviewed by RIKEN and MEXT, and the applicants will be notified of the decision.
- Exploring new drug candidates for COVID-19 by "Fugaku"
Yasushi Okuno, RIKEN / Kyoto University
Summary Slide （287KB）
- Prediction of conformational dynamics of proteins on the surface of SARS-Cov-2 using Fugaku
Yuji Sugita, RIKEN
Summary Slide （435KB）
- Simulation analysis of pandemic phenomena
Nobuyasu Ito, RIKEN
Summary Slide （455KB）
- Fragment molecular orbital calculations for COVID-19 proteins
Yuji Mochizuki, Rikkyo University
Summary Slide （554KB）
- Prediction and Countermeasure for Virus Droplet Infection under the Indoor Environment
Makoto Tsubokura, RIKEN / Kobe University
Summary Slide （205KB）
- 【NEW】Host genetic analysis for severe COVID-19
Satoru Miyano, Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Summary Slide （386KB）
Last updated: November 25, 2020
The content of this page will be updated as new information becomes available.
（Apr 24, 2020）