TOP Events & Outreach Schools RIKEN International HPC Summer School 2022 - Toward Society 5.0 -
Introduction of Lecturers
RIKEN Computational Science Promotion Office
Eligible individuals are as follows.
- Students who are enrolled in a Ph.D. program, post-doctoral scientists and early career scientists affiliated with universities or research institutions.
- Scientists and engineers affiliated with private companies.
Please understand that individuals who do not meet requirements shown below may be declined to participate in the program.
- Ideal participants have programming experience using C or Fortran, have used Linux.
- (at least can use an editor on Linux), and have basic parallel programing experience.
- Please be aware that online participants need an internet environment as follows.
-Network bandwidth with a stable connection when using video and audio for the teleconference system such as Zoom.
-Possible to connect remotely to Fugaku by using Secure Shell.
|09:00 - 12:00||Nakajima||Introduction, 1D FEM|
|17:00-18:00||Imamura||Fugaku Virtual Tour, Overview of Fugaku|
|09:00 - 12:00||Nakajima,
|Road to Parallel FEM, Introduction to MPI(1/5)|
|Introduction to MPI(2/5)|
|Introduction to MPI(3/5)|
|09:00 - 10:30||Nakajima,
|Introduction to MPI(4/5)|
|Introduction to MPI(5/5)|
|Parallel FEM (1/2)|
|09:00 - 12:00||Nakajima,
|09:00 - 12:00||Terao,
|PETSc for Parallel FEM|
|Introduction to Machine Learning and Neral Network|
Application for participation
- Maximum number of participants: About 40. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. However, necessary adjustment may be made to avoid having a large number of participants from one university or institution. We may also decline applicants who do not meet the requirements listed in 5 above.
- Application deadline:
5 pm, July 22, 2022 (JST)Closed
- To apply for the summer school, click here (online application form).
- After the application period ends, the summer school secretariat will notify all the applicants whether they are accepted for the program, and inform them regarding documents to submit.
- In principle, participants must attend all sessions of the summer school. For partial participation, please consult with the R-CCS Computational Science Promotion Office.
- （Only for Japanese residents ）RIKEN will bear travel and accommodation expenses to full-time students who will participate in all sessions (part-time students with full-time jobs are excluded). The expenses will be paid based on the RIKEN’s regulations via bank transfer after the school ends.
(There will be no payment of expenses if you choose online. If you wish to participate in the school on-site, you may not change your participation to online participation for your personal reasons.)
Note: Handling of personal information
Personal information submitted will be used only for RIKEN to inform participants of the school schedule and changes or to collect materials related to the school operations. Personal information will not be used for other purposes.
*If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (the EU zone), you are required to submit the GDPR consent form (PDF 169KB) with your signature.
You will find detailed information about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the website below:
European Commision Data Protection Rules
*School participants must be aware of "the Regulations for Use of the Supercomputer Fugaku (PDF 42KB) "
Further details will be informed once participants are set.
RIKEN Computational Science Plannning Officen7-1-26, Minatojima-minamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, 650-0047, JAPAN
- *Please change [at] to @ when sending email
（Oct 7, 2022）