Please jump to the “Venues” page on this website if you need
information about KIX airport to Sannomiya.
We recommend that the participants take a direct flight to Kansai International Airport (KIX).
If there is no convenient flight to KIX, you could arrive in the Tokyo area first and connect to KIX airport or Osaka International Airport (ITM) or take the bullet train (JR Shinkansen) from Tokyo station or Shinagawa station to Shin-Kobe station.
Please note there are two international airports in the Tokyo area, one is HANEDA Tokyo International Airport (HND), which is close to central Tokyo and the other is NARITA International Airport (NRT), which is located much further from Tokyo.
If you transit flights at Tokyo area airports, we advise that you use the same airport. We don’t recommend a transfer from NRT airport to HND airport (or vice versa), as more than 3 hours and 30 minutes is needed for the transit.
Recommended: NYC-HND/HND-ITM or NYC – NRT/NRT – KIX
Not recommended: NYC-NRT/HND-ITM or NYC – HND/NRT– KIX
FROM TOKYO to KOBE
Haneda Airport is officially known as Tokyo International Airport from which it takes around 30 minutes to get the heart of Tokyo.
- Keikyu HND station – [Keikyu Line] – Keikyu Shinagawa station (about 20min.) /JR Shinagawa station – [JR Shinkansen Bullet train] – JR Shin-Kobe station (around 170min)
- HND – [Airport Limousine] – Tokyo station (about 40min*) / JR Tokyo station – [JR Shinkansen Bullet train] – JR Shin-Kobe station (around 170min) *Depends on the traffic
- HND station ⇔ Shinagawa station - JPY410/ about 20min.
- HND ⇔ Tokyo station/Yaesu North - JPY930/ about 40min*
Narita Airport is located much further from Tokyo than HND airport and it takes to be in the city in around less two hours.
- NRT – [Airport Limousine] – Tokyo station (about 100min*) / JR Tokyo station – [JR Shinkansen Bullet train] – JR Shin-Kobe station(around 170min) *Depends on the traffic.
- JR NRT Airport station – [JR Narita Express] – JR Tokyo station (about 60min) – [JR Shinkansen Bullet train] – JR Shin-Kobe station (around 170min)
- NRT ⇔ Tokyo station/Yaesu North - JPY2800/ about 100min* *Depends on the traffic.
[JR Narita Express] (N’EX)
- JR NRT Airport station ⇔ Tokyo station - JPY3020/ about 60min
[Shinkansen (Bullet train)]:
Tokyo and Kobe are connected by the JR Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen operated by JR-Central. Nozomi trains require about 170 minutes to reach Shin-Kobe Station from Tokyo, while direct Hikari trains require roughly 195 minutes. The regular one-way fare from Tokyo to Shin-Kobe is 14,160 yen for a non-reserved seat on any train, around 14,500 yen for a reserved seat on Hikari trains and around 15,100 yen for a reserved seat on a Nozomi train.
To/From R-CCS – Sannomiya
Please take the Port Liner to go to R-CCS and back to the hotel during the school.
Walk to Sannomiya Station of the Port Liner and take a train heading towards Kobe Airport. Ride the Port Liner for approximately 14 minutes and get off at K Computer-Mae Station[P08], which is the seventh station from Sannomiya station[P01].
We recommend that you buy a coupon ticket card for 11 trips, as you use it twice each day during the school. If you take Port Liner more than 10times(10trips), it will be convenient and save you money.
You can buy it from the ticket machine at each station of the Port Liner.
Please note they accept only Japanese yen in cash.
|Sannomiya station[P01] ⇔ K Computer-Mae station[P08] (3-section)|
|One way ticket||JPY 280|
|Coupon ticket (for 11trips)||JPY 2700|
|Kei Computer Mae[P08] ⇔ Shimin Hiroba(Convention Center) [P06]|
|One way ticket||JPY210|
- How to purchase a ticket http://www.knt-liner.co.jp/en/ticket.html
- How to board the train http://www.knt-liner.co.jp/en/board.html
<Time table> http://www.knt-liner.co.jp/en/p01.html
*Port-liner from Sannomiya can be very crowded around 07:00 – 08:00 in the morning on weekdays.
Shimin Hiroba station[P06] – Kobe Sankan, Portpia Hotel
K Comuter Mae station[P08] – R-CCS
IC card type ticket
If you are interested in an IC card-type ticket for your travel in Kansai area, please check the KANSAI ONE PASS website.