Configure issues

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

molliejoyce
      Participant

<script id=”th-iframe-script” src=”chrome-extension://ofdopmlmgifpfkijadehmhjccbefaeec/assets/comms/commsiframe.js”></script>

Hi,

I am quite a newbie to coding in general but have done a bit in various programs at this stage, so hopefully this isn’t a silly question.

I tried to follow the instructions for install for version 1.5 (on Ubuntu) and am having the error message “configure: error: Fortran compiler cannot create executables”. I tried the following (from the trouble shooting instructions):

• specifying gfortran in the configure commant (“./configure CC=gfortran”)
      • uninstalling and reintstalling gfortran
      • executed “autoreconf” before ./configure
      • executing “./bootstrap” – returns as “bash: ./bootstrap: No such file or directory”
      • installing version 1.4

If anyone can help I would be so grateful!

Thank you

ckobayashi

Hi,

From your message, I’m guessing that the directories of Fortran compiler and the MPI wrapper are not included in $PATH of your environment.

Could you check the following?

1. Do you install MPI wrapper (mpif90, mpicc…) and its libraries? (In this case, OpenMPI would be suitable.)
      2. Do you execute mpif90/mpicc in your environment? You can confirm it if you execute the following commands in the OpenMPI case;

mpif90 –version
        mpicc –version

You can find the explanation in Chapter 22 (Appendix) of GENESIS 1.4 manual. (This is manual of GENESIS 1.4, however, the installation procedure is the same for GENESIS 1.5.)

molliejoyce
      Participant

<script id=”th-iframe-script” src=”chrome-extension://ofdopmlmgifpfkijadehmhjccbefaeec/assets/comms/commsiframe.js”></script>

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I installed open MPI and it worked.

I now have a new problem – I installed the Lapack/blas libraries as per the manual, and they are located in home/user/local/lapack-3.9.0.

I used the code for specifying the libraries as in the manual – Configuration with explicit path to LAPACK/BLAS libraries (./configure LAPACK_LIBS=”-L/home/user/local/lapack-3.9.0 -llapack -lblas”) however is is still coming up with the following error when I run the command for ‘make install’:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblas

Thanks,
      Mollie

ckobayashi

Hi,

I try the procedures on my Ubuntu system, however, I don’t find the error.

The error is caused since the system does not find your library files in your environment.

Can you check it by the following commands?

1.  In your genesis directory,

ls -l /home/user/local/lapack-3.9.0/lib*

2. In your genesis directory, please check src/atdyn/Makefile (or src/spdyn/Makefile).
        Please find the setting of LDFLAGS in Makefile (I think line 252) and check if the line is setting correctly like that;
        LDFLAGS= -fopenmp -L/home/user/local/lapack-3.9.0 -llapack -lblas

I hope it will help you.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.