To produce high value-added products and technologies satisfying the needs of society we will run simulations on the post-K computer that will lead to innovative design and production processes. In addition to designing automobiles, aircraft and turbo equipment such as wind tunnels and pumps, we will develop a simulator to assess welding and carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) technologies. For example, we will comprehensively design a system capable of simultaneously assessing the airflow around the body of the auto and inside its engine room, control of the steering wheel and its effect on the auto’s movement, noise inside the vehicle, and other data. Our objective is to realize ideal designs by measuring important aspects, such as fuel economy and safety, through repeated application of high-speed simulations.
- Sub-issue A: Research and development of multi-objective design exploration and high-performance computing (HPC) technologies for design innovation
- Sub-issue B: Research and development of integrated design systems for vehicles
- Sub-issue C: Research and development of a design and evaluation system based on quasi-direct fluid-flow computations for turbomachinery
- Sub-issue D: Research and development of core technologies to innovate aircraft design and operation
- Sub-issue E: Research and development of advanced press forming and welding simulators for new materials
- Sub-issue F: Research and development of multiscale modeling simulators for thermoplastic CFRP